Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day One Hundred and Fifty: Reflection (Part II)


Pete has mused before about how sunset pictures are like candy for him.  While I like sunset pictures, and I've taken several of them now now, I can't say that I've even fallen into the sunset sugar trap (and subsequent coma from an overload).  That is, until today.  

My friend Jeff invited us out for a bonfire at his pond tonight.  The sunsets have always been spectacular out there, and I excited all day about the opportunity to capture one of them. (Although not wanting to press my luck, Pete and I stopped to take a picture of some people doing yoga in South Park.  Had these not worked out, the yoga leader giving me a dirty look for breaking his concentration, would have been my picture of the day.  I think its safe to say, however, that they turned out.)

I get a little frustrated with blogger some times because the colors aren't as true as they are when I finalize the picture.  Hopefully the lack of vibrancy in the blue of this second shot, and the slight dullness of the magenta above don't put you off too much.

As always, thanks for stopping by!