Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day One Hundred and Twenty-Six: Savannah Sights and Sounds

The conference has proven to be very time consuming (who actually comes to a conference and WORKS!? What an absurd notion.....), but the organizing committee held a little reception for us last night that "required" us to walk from one part of the historic district to the other.  Scattered throughout this area of town are little squares that took me right back to Europe.  I'm not sure the actual name of this square (we walked through so many in our brief journey to the restaurant that I lost track), but most are adorned with some sort of fountain or monument like this.  We happened to be walking by right at sunset and the light peaking through the trees illuminated this square just perfectly.

My time in Savannah ends tomorrow and it is unlikely I will get to explore much before then.  But the town's charm has certainly got a hold of this midwest girl and I will hopefully venture back here sometime very soon.