Friday, May 29, 2009

Day One Hundred and Forty-Nine: Reflection

I'm not sure why it's taken me nearly 10 months to notice, but as I was walking by Cramer Optometry on Kansas Avenue in Topeka today, the contact lens shaped reflective wall caught my eye.  As I moved closer, I noticed that it was actually a collection of small squares, with about 9 contact lens ripples per square, carefully placed on the wall that spanned about 10 feet across the lobby, creating quite the effect.  This intrigued me, but the girl sitting at the front desk was unable to provide me with any insight about the history of the wall other than that she thought these panels had been in place for about 20 years (sounds about right for Topeka).  Despite the absence of a compelling story, the picture is still cool and I hope you enjoy it!