Monday, May 4, 2009

Day One Hundred and Twenty-Four: Leavin' on a Jet Plane


After packing all my things to head on my next trip (to Savannha, GA for another work conference), I made a last minute decision to bring both of my computers, meaning you get updates much earlier than expected.  (Why do I have to bring two computers, you ask?  I do all of my photo editing on one mac, but everything else on the other, so in order to keep up with the blog and with life, I needed both. Anyway...) My day today didn't really consist of much other than sitting in several different airports and planes.  Although both of our flights were delayed, we actually ended up in Savannah right on time.

I snapped this picture from the window seat of our flight from Kansas City to Atlanta.   I have to admit that I moved my camera from its position "securely fastened underneath the seat in front of" me before FAA regulations probably allowed, but I think capturing this scene was well worth it the accidents that may occur while we're taxing to the gate.  It illustrates the hustle and bustle of airports, people coming and going everywhere from the far east to the deep south.  
We're all flying for different reasons...some for business, some for pleasure, some as the result of unfortunate series of recent events.  Some are new fliers, and some are seasoned veterans.  Some are afraid of the swine flu, and some think VP Biden is just on crack.  Some get worried with every little bump, and some think turbulence is kinda fun.  I love airports and flying. I love speculating about why people are going the places they are going and, quite frankly, something about flying makes me feel special.  Buying a magazine feels more important, making sure a friend is always watching your luggage takes me to movie star level, and somehow even Starbucks tastes even better in the airport (who knew it was possible!?). I love to fly. :)

My flight "home" actually takes me on a detour to Minneapolis, but it's the last time I will be flying in the near future (as far as I know, anyway).  Until October, that is, when I'll be flying to D.C. to race in the Marine Corps Marathon! More on that soon...