Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day One Hundred and Twenty-Nine: And they're off!

I love the dog park.  Using the word "the" isn't quite accurate because there isn't just one dog park I enjoy visiting; Dog parks in general are quite fun.  Pete has been wanting to take his parents, Farley, Lucy, and the Haack Family dog, Dina the 6th, to the dog park in Minneapolis.   This weekend we finally had a chance.  Haack family friend Alice-Ann, who was in visiting for the weekend from the Sunshine State, also got in on the action.

I haven't actually been able to have a conversation with her about this, but I think, in proportion, my love for the the dog park is nothing like Lucy's LOVE for the dog park. She gets to make new friends, run around without a leash, get a dirty and muddy, and cause a ruckus.  Sometimes she gets her best buddy Farley in on the fun, sometimes they do their own thing.
  Here they both are running around the Lake of the Isles dog park, with they're two new friends, raisin' a little dust.

As we left their tongues were hanging out and tails were wagging -- humans and dogs alike.  I think that means we all had a good time.  :)