Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day One Hundred and Fifty-Three: Reflection (Part III)

Several of my pictures in the last few days have unintentionally involved reflections as a significant part of their composition.  Today, I add another one to that list.

It seems like the weather decided to skip the season of Spring and go from super cold to super hot; this weekend was 95 degrees and perfect for a margarita by the pool.  Because it's only been hot and not really humid, Jennifer and I have been el cheapos and haven't turned on the air conditioning yet. Needless to say, it's made for some pretty toasty evenings.  But the Lord sent some relief via rain today and after it had fallen, left us with this nice scene.

This is definitely an example of a shot I wouldn't have noticed (and didn't fully realize was a nice picture until Pete suggested it) prior to starting this project.    I believe that the camera can sometimes be a hinderance to really seeing the world, but it can also help you see things in ways you've never seen them before.  Hopefully my photographic eye will continue to develop and find shots like (and even better than) this one!