Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Water, water everywhere!

The city I went to undergrad in (Waverly, Iowa...Wartburg College) is experiencing MAJOR flooding (as is the entire area of the state). Here's a link to some helicopter footage: http://www.whotv.com/ If you scroll down to where you see the video box, and then scroll down just a click or two with the video choices, you'll see it...it's called "13 Raw: Chopper 13 video in Waverly". It hasn't gotten to the school itself yet, but I know some of my friends still live there and had to be evacuated. And, my best friend from HS lives in Mason City, Iowa...flooding there closed down their water plant. They have water back now, but it's not safe to drink. Please keep all of them in your prayers.

On a much more fun note, my friend Tim is getting married in November in Mississippi, and I bought my plane ticket yesterday! We're flying in to NEW ORLEANS on Thursday afternoon, spending the evening and night there, then headed over to Mississippi for the wedding. Several of the people I am going with are IN the wedding, so they have to be there for the rehearsal and all that jazz. But it's also Halloween the night before the wedding, so we're going to have some dressed-up fun. All in all, the weekend is going to be amazing, but most likely a debauchle. If any of you have ever heard me talk about the trip to Austin during my 1L year, its going to be like that...but worse (or better, depending on your perspective.) :)