Monday, June 9, 2008

I shower...really!

I'm sure everyone in my bar review class thinks I'm a scuz bucket: I show up to class (nearly) every day in sweat pants, my glasses, a hat and no make-up. There is logic behind my choice of such apparel and I would like to take this opportunity to say just why I appear so disheveled.

First, the sweats: I work out most days after class (or ride my bike to and from class), and I find it ridiculous that I would have to wear different clothing to sit in a class everyday for 3 1/2 hours. If we were going to meet important people, or there was a chance I was going to run into someone of significance in the hallway or commons, I might try jeans. But, sweats are just more comfortable...and more practical for me.

Glasses: I ran out of contacts, don't have my new set in yet, and get eye strain when I don't wear them. This is not me being lazy...it's simply my only mechanism.

Hat: I have a light sensitivity in my eyes, and the room in which we have bar review overwhelms them. The direct light in the classroom reflecting off the white paper of our worksheets (yes, we just completed 19th grade and we still use worksheets) is too much for my eyes/ brain to handle. I have to wear a hat to shield my eyes from some of that light so that I don't get too much and my brain shuts my eyes down for me and I pass out, thus making bar reivew worthless.

No make-up: see the "sweats' justification above.

Honestly, I doubt that anyone really cares what I'm wearing to bar review everyday. But should they be interested in why I dress this way, here is my answer :)