Friday, June 20, 2008

Lights! Camera! Satire!

Tonight I went and saw the Topeka Bar Association's bar show for the annual KBA conference. The bar show is basically a musical that is written, directed, produced, and acted by attorneys that belong to the bar association. They also take the chance to make fun of politicians (this year, Governor Seblius and her "bid" for the VP nomination and buttering up to Obama was a strong theme), and other poignant current events. The conference moves around the state every year to one of four locations, and this year it was Topeka's opportunity to host. Although it certainly wasn't the Wichita Bar Show (undoubtedly the best...sets...costumes....dancing...) it wasn't half bad. Plus, I got to see my friend Nathan in a corn costume. :) But, it reignited in me the desire to perform and sing. It will be 4 years until the bar show gets back to Topeka, but I hope that wherever I am in the future, I get the chance to be a part of it.

39 days until the bar.

I have yet another wedding tomorrow. This is my third wedding in five weeks. I have two weeks off, then my last wedding until October. PHEW! My back account can't really handle all these weddings....