Thursday, September 13, 2007

When I die, I want to be burried in a place where kitties play.

I traditionally wear a lot of color in my wardrobe, and after being here a month, I'm only now realizing that most of the people around here wear more basic colors. While we were in Ireland, one of the Irish guys we met asked me if it's normal to wear a pink sweater with a green shirt underneath, to which I replied "yes." Then Kristen's cousin (see prior post) asked me if I feel awkward about wearing such bright colors around town while everyone else, well, doesn't. I've never noticed extra attention because of the clothing I'm wearing (with the exception of my "Kiss me I'm a Jayhawk" shirt which I will no longer wear around greater London) but I'm going to pay attention now to see if my colors make a difference.

On a completely different note, British commercials. I've mentioned how awful the TV is before, but the commercials can be hit or miss. There is a series of commercials for something called "Sheila's Wheels" that has a series of 10 second spots that drive us all crazy. A lot of them resemble the commercials from home. Then there are some really good and creative ones. Here is a link to the best commercial I've seen. Seriously...it's 100% worth the minute and a half it takes to watch this because it is just so funny.