Thursday, September 6, 2007

Dawson's creek is 100% consuming the 7-8 p.m. time slot every night. That's sooo sad.

Last night, for the first time, I felt "comfortable" with the group of people I am here with. We have been with each other long enough at this point that we know what each other's personalities are like and can respect each other for that. Apparently I've established myself as "the little engine that could." Seriously, its the nickname they've given me. Apparently its because I seem to be everywhere, doing everything; I hop from group to group and organize collective outings, so I suppose it's appropriate. And, there are definitely worse things I could be called, so I'll take it. But, long story short, it's good to have that feeling...no matter how slight it is.

Today was a beautiful day so I decided to go and study in the park. It was amazing. I was sitting in this cute little square (same one I run in) with the sun shining, the flowers blooming, the trees waving, and the fountain flowing. After I finished my homework, I started writing some postcards (that you all probably won't receive until I get home) when some German guy came up to me and and asked me if he could buy one of my postcards from me. He wanted to send one home. So, he gave me a pound to pay for the postcard and the stamp that I"m going to buy to send it off. It was just funny and kind of enchanting because he spoke with the stereotypical German accent and was very jovial and very excited to be in London.

It's one of the guys in my program's birthday on Saturday, so we're apparently having a party for him tonight. I'm not really sure what that means...with this group it could mean a whole lot of things. But, it IS wings night, so hopefully we'll make it there.