Friday, September 7, 2007

We have mice in our apartment...and I don't want to know what happened to the one we caught.

Last night the birthday party turned out to be really fun. We just sat around and talked for a while, but then moved out to a bowling alley. Bowling alleys here, at least the ones around us, are really a lot more like clubs. At this particular spot, there were only 8 lanes. There were also karoke rooms and a bar and probably a dance floor somewhere (the music was loud enough.) We got there when there was only about 1/2 an hour before close, but we still got to do karoke and have a lot of fun. And yes, we will be going back to karoke.

I forgot to mention that one of our professors gave us the first Harry Potter book to read for class. We're going to dissect it from an intellectual property standpoint later on in the class. And its such a part of the culture here that you HAVE to know at least a little bit about the books.

I'm off to Cork, Ireland for the weekend. I'm not taking my computer, so I probably won't update until Tuesday...we don't get back until about midnight Monday night. Since we are leaving at 2:30 a.m., I'm gonna be a little tired and PROBABLY won't update until later. :)