Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Four: Love Sparks


As it often goes, the hours of the day were dwindling this evening and I had yet to find something photo worthy for my picture of the day. While moseying around Pete's pad, I found a box of snaps we purchased around 4th of July that we hadn't used yet. Since the snaps make a little spark when they are thrown on the ground, one of us (I can't remember who) came up with the idea to try and capture that snap on "film". Using a 1.3 second shutter, a high ISO, and a the biggest f-stop I could, I pressed the shutter button, threw down the snaps, and ended up with this shot. I particularly like the snap on the upper 1/3 of the screen right in the middle that seems to be only half way through its snapping. I'm not sure that this shot is worth hanging on your wall, but it was fun to play with the camera settings and figure out just how to make this happen.