Monday, July 13, 2009

Day One Hundred and Ninety-Four: HIMC (Holes in my ceiling)


My sister Katie once named an egg for the Karpuk family easter egg contest "HIMK", short for "Holes in my Knees". I believe this referred to a pair of pants that was wearing away at, you guessed it, the knees. (How she developed this name, I'll leave up to your imagination). HIMK actually won the egg contest that year, and the name was forever memorialized on the Karpuk family easter egg contest trophy (and is most likely the reason I remember the name of that particular egg).

I'm not sure why I thought of that story today, but I borrowed the name of that egg for the title of today's picture: HIMC- "Holes in my Ceiling". We've been having some plumbing problems lately that resulted with both a hole in and water spots on our ceiling. It's actually not a pretty site, but apply a few photoshop filters, add some color, and accentuate the contrast and the result is an artsy picture (or so I like to think) that will hopefully appeal to many people. Enjoy!