Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Twenty-Eight: One fish, two fish


Tonight, Pete, Jennifer, and I were sitting at the kitchen table playing what is probably the most wonderful game ever made: Bananagrams. As I added one more tally under my "win" heading (which is at least 30 tallies shy of the number in Pete's "win" category), I noticed the fish in my water bottle. You see, the two fish you see here is actually just one fish. (Take a second to sit down and catch your breath if this just blows your mind....) Since I didn't yet have a picture of the day, I decided to see if could capture the reflection effect of the water with my camera. Lo and behold, it worked!

My insight for today: if you're having trouble with something, try and look at it from a new angle. The problem may divide into more manageable pieces, or simply not be as problematic as you first thought. (I'm not sure why I decided to go all "Dr. Phil" on you there, but sometimes, I just can't control what comes out of my fingers.)

Thanks to you, oh "smart water" water bottle. You certainly lived up to your name.