Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Thirty-One: Pearls and Pinstripes

I love pearls, and believe that they are probably one of the most versatile and time tested pieces of jewelry. They can make nearly any outfit look dressy and elegant. They are nearly always fashionable, you rarely go wrong wearing them, and even the cheap ones look pretty decent. So, when I didn't have a picture tonight and my string of $10 pearls was laying on my bed (after I wore them today), I thought the necklace's versatility would provide a nice picture, and I was right. (I also wanted to take this picture because I feel it's a very wedding-ish picture, and I'm practicing up as often as possible for Erica's wedding.) Modify the colors a bit and you have a picture that is classic, yet modern, trendy, and chic all at the same time. Thank you, oh strand of pearls, once again for your ever faithful service.