Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day One Hundred and Thirteen: Starburst


There isn't a whole lot to say about this picture.  It's the sweet lamp outside of the Jayhawk Bookstore on top of Naismith Hill at KU.  Pete noticed it as we drove home from RCIA last night, and when it was 10:30 and I still didn't have a picture, we went back.  The angle of the shot was kind of accidental, but I think it makes it much more interesting.  The shadows bouncing off of the building are little more exciting at this skewed perspective, and the frame seems a little more full.

I recommend you check out Pete's post for today. It's particularly wonderful and he was able to use a type of photography -- macro photography -- that neither of us have really used up until this point.  

Finally, I know you all are waiting for my pictures from the Big Easy.  They all aren't quite ready to go yet (except for Wednesday's...check it out!), but I don't want to fall behind, so I'm going to go ahead and post my updates and will link you back to the NOLA posts when they are finally ready (hopefully this weekend).