Monday, April 6, 2009

Day Ninety-Six: 101 (+199) Dalmatians

I live very near a Holiday Inn that hosts a lot of conventions.  Most of the time you don't know what sort of convention is happening inside. Sometimes, the type of vehicles (usually RVs) and other pieces of miscellaneous property stationed next to those vehicles will allow you to proffer a guess.  This week, the wire cages with cute little spotted dogs inside them next to the fleet of RVs leave no question: the Dalmatian Club of  America is hosting its annual conference in Lawrence, Kansas.  

I stopped in the Holiday Inn parking lot last night to take what I thought was going to be my picture of the day, but ended up meeting this guy, Teddy, instead.  Teddy's owner said that there were more than 300 purebred Dalmatian wagging their tails at the conference this year.  He and Teddy were just outside for a short break, and then headed back inside for more paw licking fun.

I hope Lucy doesn't get jealous when I say that Teddy is quite adorable. :)  Don't worry Luc, you've still got my heart. :)