Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day One Hundred and Fifteen: (almost) Lemon Drops

We had our first big thunderstorm of the season last night...tornado sirens and all.  Fortunately, there wasn't actually a tornado (in our area), but the alarms were sounded as a precaution.  Pete and I were at the grocery store when the sirens first reared their ugly head and started to freak everyone one.  Since we're both from the midwest and know that, a lot of times, the fear is unwarranted, we casually strolled through the grocery store, picking up this lemon to enjoy in the Boulevard Wheat I had at my house while sitting and watching the storm.

I have to admit that I was a little more freaked out than Pete, especially when he was outside trying to snap pictures of the lightning and the story came in of how a motorcyclist was just struck and killed by the electrical storm.  But overall, the clouds moving in from the west and circling around in the sky provided a good show....that I mostly watched from inside.

What does this have to do with the lemon pictured above?  This is the lemon I placed in my Boulevard Wheat that fixed itself in this fun position.  There really isn't a whole lot more to it than that. :)  But the commentary is much more interesting if I talk about the storm.

The Lawrence area is supposed to be hit with more storms...some of potentially the same magnitude...over the next couple days.  Hopefully I can get some pictures of those dubious clouds to share.