Friday, December 7, 2007

You can't stop the beat

As it's getting closer to the time to go home, I find it harder and harder to tear myself away from London. It really is the most fantastic city in the whole world. I can't believe I was lucky enough to be here for four months, and I can't believe it's time to go home already. I feel I'm literally going to have to rip my heart away from here...the ride home is going to be great, but tough.

Hairspray was great. I didn't think the actors were all that amazing, but the story and the music itself are just wonderful, so I can't complain. The tree lighting was fun...kind of anti-climactic (and if you think about it, how dramatic can flipping a switch on really be?), but they had the Salvation Army band there who played Christmas carols and everyone sang along. It was great. I didn't get to stand by my friends during the lighting b/c I got there so late after Hairspray, but we met up afterwards for a nice dinner in a cozy little Italian restaurant where the pesto was fantastic.

It's the first day in a while that I've woken up and it hasn't been raining, so I'm going to go running and say goodbye to my beloved Russell Square jogging path. Hopefully after that I'm going to make it over to the Tate to see the giant crack that runs the floor in there (I'll explain later), meet up with Andrew for lunch, do whatever with Val (probably shopping), dinner with the roommates, and out with everyone for the evening.

The car comes for me at 7:30 tomorrow morning, so it's quite possible I won't update anymore until I'm back in the states. But, as my previous post reveals, that may take a while. Please pray I don't get stuck in Philly...that would be a terrible end to a fantastic couple of months. But, pending everything goes as planned, I'll arrive in Kansas City at 9:04 p.m. Central standard time on Saturday night.