Thursday, December 6, 2007

Adventures in London: Hopefully. Adventures in the Philadelphia airport: Hopefully Not.

Apparently there is a really large snow/ice storm system brewing and set to land upon Kansas City and Des Moines on Saturday. And not only is supposed to snow/sleet/ice/rain on Saturday, but for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, too. That means I could be stuck in the Philadelphia airport, and stuck there for 5 days. And think about it...by the time a 5 DAY system moves out of the mid-west, it will hit Philly, and I may be stuck there not because the conditions at home are bad, but b/c we're unable to take off from Philly. Not only would I be unable to go home, I'd miss several things in Lawrence I really needed to be back for. I called USAir to see if I could change my flight to tomorrow and possibly avoid all this. On top of the $200 change fee, they want to charge me $800 to change my flight. I looked online at a new ticket...and it only costs $440. Another thing to put that ridiculous charge in perspective-- my round trip ticket from KCI to London and back again only cost $750...including travel insurance. They wanted to charge me $1,000 to change a flight I already had. Ridiculous.

Sara left me a comment about having adventures in London my last few days here...and I'm certainly going to make the most of it. I just hope those adventures come in terms of sleeping on an airport floor for a long time.