Sunday, August 19, 2007

Make sure to look RIGHT, then left, then right again when crossing the street.

Okay...so I mentioned it was cooler here. When I said cooler, I actually meant downright cold. People are wearing wool sweaters and scarves and stuff already. I think this is a bit unseasonable, but still. I didn't pack nearly enough cold clothes, so I'll have to make a stop at some cheap store like H&M to get a sweater or two that I can wear.

These first few posts are going to be short. I don't yet have internet on my laptop, so I'm working at a keyboard in the computer lab that has symbols in different places and takes more effort to punch the keys. I'm still adjusting to the time differnece (6 hours for those of you in Kansas and Iowa), so that is more effort that I'm able to put in right now.

We went on a bus tour today to see all the major city sights. Although I've been here before, there really isn't anything like seeing some of the major world wonders in person. I took some pictures, but again because of the laptop internet issue, I can't post any yet. I also don't have too many...I'm trying not to over-indulge on the picture taking just yet.

Its weird because although Europe is very secular, there isn't a lot open on Sunday mornings or evenings. Thus, my roommate and I have spent this evening in the computer lab.

Tomorrow we have a walking tour of the area our school/flat is in. We're going to Covent Garden...probably one of my favorite places in London. But for now, I must bid you adieu and return to my flat.