Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The EU consists of 27 member countries....and the UK is anything but a supportive member country.

I have to let you know that Wednesdays will generally be pretty boring days. I have 5 hours of classes from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 a.m., which doesn't leave a whole lot of time to do anything else. OKay, well that's not true...but Wednesdays will probably be pretty boring. Tonight, however, we had another "welcome" party at a pub in London. It was wonderful. It was really just our group getting to know each other, all out together and having a good time. The pubs here are wonderful. There are all decorated with deep cherry wood and have this amazing cheerful atmosphere. And oh, did I mention that there is no smoking indoors ANYWHERE in London? It's absolutely fantastic. One word of warning....if you're a light weight like me, be careful of the cider beers. They taste like apple cider from home, but are must more potent.

I'll try and have more pictures soon. The people I'm with think that I'm crazy for taking so many pictures, and I want pictures with people in them. Needless to say its a balancing act, but I 'll get it sorted out after a bit here.

Other than that, nothing really exciting. I had this amazing hot dog from a street vendor outside the British Museum today (we walk by the museum on the way to class), but I spilled it on my jeans. I also went for a run for the first time since I've been here. I probably only went about 3 miles (you have to stop every 100 yards to cross a street and there aren't any parks near where we live), but it was great. I'll have to do it more. Regents Park is just beautiful. It reminds me of the park in "Finding Neverland." I'm not sure if they shot it there, but its juts gorgeous. Not many people run here, though. They walk so much they don't necessarily have to. But the people I do see running run with large backpacks on their backs. Hmmm.....

It's been raining/ no sun for about 5 days (note: that's every since we've been here). Pray for some sun.....please.

For being a pretty boring day, I certainly wrote a lot. I'll be done now. Cheerio!