Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Sixty-Two: Scrappy


It seems the moments of not thoroughly thinking things through have come much more frequently since I got engaged. I think it's just the stress of it all, but somewhere along the line, I decided it would be fun to hand-make all my wedding invitations. Yes, 300 invitations that must be traced, cut, scored, glued, stamped, and embossed. And that's just the envelope. I'm about half way through the cutting portion of the process and it's actually going better than expected.

Unfortunately, the paper size we had to get for the envelopes results in a lot of scraps. But, Pete had a great idea and thought we could turn the scraps into confetti for the tables at the reception. Thus, I've been saving all the scraps. Today, as I was getting ready to head out the door, I noticed the light streaming through the blinds and creating this nice pattern on the scrap paper. This picture is nothing spectacular, but I like it...I like it a lot!