Friday, September 11, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Fifty-Four: Taking a chill pill



Marathon training has been very good to me. In the 18 weeks I've been getting ready for the big race, I've stayed healthy, generally pretty motivated, felt really good, and even avoided soreness. But as of late, I've developed a little tension in my knee. It's nothing too bad (knock on wood), but my dear friend Erica (not paralegal friend Erica, but almost physical therapist Erica) recommended I make sure and ice it down most evenings. So when I didn't have a picture tonight and I was fading fast during the icing time, I knew I had to get something, and quick. This picture certainly isn't the best one I've ever taken, but it certainly illustrates what's going on in my life right now.

Just in case you prefer to view something slightly more attractive than my leg, here is Lucy's newest. :)