Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day Four: Signed, Sealed, Delivered....


Last year while studying in England, I took a weekend trip to see Kristen Cunningham in Leicester.  Leicester is a small(er) town, north of London where she was studying.  Leicester is also not too far from the town of Nottingham...the famed town from the Robin Hood tales.  The weekend I visited happened to be the weekend of the Official Robin Hood Festival at Nottingham Castle, so Kristen and I ventured over to check it out. (Here's a link to my blog entry from that weekend if you want more info on the event.  Links to the pictures from the festival are on the left hand side, or just clicking here. :) ) I purchased one of my favorite souvenirs of my time abroad at this event: a wax seal.  Kristen also purchased one, and I have to admit, we spent a fair amount of time that evening/ next day simply using our seals. 

Tonight, I was getting to send out a few cards and used the seal to secure the backs of the envelopes and came upon these pictures. There isn't really a whole lot to say beyond that except that I really like them. :)