Saturday, July 26, 2008

A day of stupid

Today was a day of stupid: me being stupid, other people being stupid, the whole world being stupid.

My first stupid move was to get up and go for a run. I haven't run in a week and a half (or worked out at all, for that matter) and something inside of me said thought that would be a good idea.  Wrong  Although I did 3.75 miles, a good portion of it was walked. And oh yeah, did I mention I didn't drink any water yesterday and it's about 400% humidity outside.  Stupid #1.

I think that stupid #1 was a significant factor in stupid #2: performing horrendously on the practice questions I did this morning.  Part of the stupidity is that many of my errors were just reading errors.  (That's where stupid #1 comes in...I'm just exhausted.)

Stupid #3: I bolt out of the library because I'm freaking myself out by my practice exam, and make my way to Kansas City to take care of a couple errands I MUST do before bar/ vacation.  On the way there, I stop at the public library to return some CDs I borrowed.  Unfortunately, I broke one of the CDs, but being the prudent person I am, I purchased another and took them in to tell them of my situation. But the library doesn't accept replacements...of the exact same thing.  They can get them somewhere else cheaper. What the hell?!  What does it matter if you can get it cheaper! I already bought it! Here it is! Just take it!  Now I'm stuck with a CD that I only mildly liked and had to purchase via bestbuy.com b/c it's not a common one.  That is the world's stupidest policy.

Stupid #4 On the way, stupid man with Louisiana plates, a trailer, and two confederate flags nearly causes me to get into an accident.  Then, when I pass him, he gives me the look of death and cuts me off so that he nearly avoids hitting a semi.

Stupid #5: I take my computer to the apple store (one of the errands I needed to do) and they basically tell me there is nothing wrong with it.  (Note: I did tell them how stressed I was, how I drove an hour to get there, and I had already done some preliminary work on my own and it wasn't helping and they let me see a mac genius when I didn't have an appointment.  Thank you Apple Store, seriously.) But, I got home this evening and the problem is still there. I may be going back soon.

Stupid #6: I get to my second errand and tell the lady the basic of what I need and I stare at her like a deer in headlights because I'm so tired I can't articulate what I need/ want.  This happens at least 3 times.

Stupid #7: I walk out of the mall and have no idea where my car is. Literally, no idea.  Please keep in mind, it is still 400% humidity out there.

So, now it's 9:18 p.m. on a Saturday night. The night before my last day of studying.  My second to last night in my house.  And I can't tell you how anxious I am to bid this stupid, stupid day adieu.