Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Just my luck

I took a study break last night to go and watch a replay of the KU v. AZ basketball game. It was initially played on Sunday, but because the owner of the restaurant is a KU grad (yes, here in London!), he shows as many games as possible...even if they aren't live. I"m not a huge fan of watching re-broadcast games, I didn't know the outcome, Nick did and said it was a good one, so I went to watch. He was right...it was a fantastic game. Seeing the shots of Lawrence in the opening scenes made me very excited to get him and be in the midst of all the craziness again. And then Brandon Rush's last second shot that almost won us the game was amazing. But coinciding with my luck on finding out the winner of the football game just before it started, the power (or some of the power, really) went out in the restaurant with 2 minutes left in overtime and I missed the victory. Bah.