Monday, February 2, 2009

Day Thirty-Three: It's 3 a.m. I must be lonely

Today was another one of those last minute shots. After working, taking care of a sick Pete, studying for the bar exam, and preparing some food for work tomorrow, it was late evening and I was once again without a picture.  I feel like I've used up many of the last minute picture opportunities at my house, so I began thinking of other ways I could find an interesting picture.  First, I tried placing plastic wrap over the lens to see what kind of effect I could get; unsuccessful.  Then I went to the 3-D glasses still lying around from the Super Bowl on Sunday and placed one "lens" over the, well, my lens. The red one didn't do much, but the blue turned out pretty cool. This shot is actually the first photo I snapped with the blue filter and is entirely experimental both because of that, and because I really didn't intend to aim the camera at anything. I think it turned out okay.

No, I did not break the rules and actually  take this shot at 3:11 a.m....we just haven't reset the time on our coffee pot to read like it should. :)  But with the blue filter and the early morning hours on the clock, it captures the bleakness that is being up at 3:00 a.m. on a week night and, in the reflection of the flash on the chrome, how painful any bright light is at that time of the night. It also illustrates how necessary the coffee pot will be the next day. :)