Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Seventy: Puppy Love

I don't buy clothing for my dog. I just don't have the disposable income to do so right now, and inevitably, Lucy would wear it for 5 minutes, then wiggle out of it somehow and attempt to eat it. But whenever there are fun things lying around my house, I do like to dress her up and take a picture. Tonight, something fun--these boas-- were lying around the house. When Pete brought Farley over to the play while he and I were having dinner, dressing Farley up was a done deal.

I realize I haven't talked much about Farley since I got Lucy. In part because I see Lucy more, and in part, because he is MUCH more well behaved and doesn't chew and do ridiculous things like Lucy does. But tonight, Farley comes back into the spotlight. Boas aren't really his thing, but he graciously wore it for my picture. And through the editing process, he ended up being the focus of the picture.

Pete and I already consider Farley and Lucy "our dogs" (except, of course, one of them does something bad. Then he or I become the sole owner of that dog--me Lucy, and he Farley--for a little bit), but I'm excited to get to spend more time with Farley come February 6.