Thursday, May 15, 2008

Getting my fingers dirty...again

I've decided to start blogging again. I'm sure my comments on here won't be nearly as interesting as any of the stuff I had to say about London, but hopefully they will be at least mildly entertaining and/or thought provoking. Blogger wouldn't let me have a new blog, so while the URL of the blog is new, all my London posts and pictures are available in the archived stuff.

So....I've successfully completed law school. Monday was my last day, and despite a final that tested every bit of knowledge, strength, and study power I had, I survived and think I did well enough to pass/ graduate. Who knew, huh? Hooding/ graduation is this Sunday. The fam is coming down and it should be a good ole' time. I got to thinking last night about graduations in general. Are they really a big deal? I mean, was there ever really any question that I would graduate from high school, or college even? I don't say that to sound pretentious, but I've been blessed with a good, supportive family and an intellect, and not graduating was never really an option. But was it an option for law school, either? Of course, I never had to come to law school, and even though attorneys seem to permeate this world, there are very few (relatively) who have doctorates. But once I started law school, failure/ giving up was never really an option. If it wasn't an option, does that make this an accomplishment? I kind of just see it as another thing that I've done, no different from thousands of others, that is my path in this thing called life.

Tonight is also the last Coyotes for quite a long while. It just won't be the same group. The group has changed a lot over the past three years, but it gets harder for me to enjoy it every time I go. I won't be able to dance a lot tonight because of my silly little stress fracture, but I suppose that's just the way it goes. But, before I go, a nap, preferably in the sun, is in order. :)