Friday, May 8, 2009

Day One Hundred and Twenty Eight: In the Garden of Life, Friends are the Flowers


Pete and I planned to come up to Minnesota this weekend to see his family when I found out I was going to Savannah, so rather than fly into Kansas City and then jump in the car for an eight hour ride up to Minneapolis the next day, I flew in to the Twin Cities on Thursday night.  My dear friend Ashley lives only about an hour from the metro, so we both took the day off to hang out and spend some time together.  She planned out a great day: a trip to the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory, to Grand Avenue for lunch, and finally to the shopping mecca, the Mall of America.   


When Ashley and  I get together, and even more so without our significant others, 
we become like two kids in a candy store.  That means different things for different people, but for us at the zoo and conservatory, it means pretending to lick our paws like the lions, or "eating" the sugar cane stalks. Despite all the ridiculousness, we both managed to snap a couple of nice shots of the vegetation and animals.  

The day ended perfectly by meeting Pete at the mall and the two of us enjoying a nice dinner where we got to sit and people watch and really talk for the first time since before I went South.  Ashley, and her husband Adam, will be heading to Lawrence to hang out with Pete and I for a weekend in July. I can't wait!

A shout out to Pete and the Haack family friend Alice-Ann for helping me select this shot for my photo of the day.  Enjoy!