Thursday, August 28, 2008

Welcoming a new child of God


I'm off to Lincoln, NE for the weekend.  My dear cousin Ali just had a baby (whose name is Josie) 6 weeks ago.  She (Josie) is being baptized this weekend, and since it's the long weekend, I thought I would go and see Ali, meet Josie, and the rest of my family that will be there.  

Since I'm leaving tomorrow right from work, I also apparently "get" to tailgate at a Nebraska game on Saturday. Generally, I don't take sports that seriously, and root for most everyone as long as they aren't playing KU or Iowa.  But there are only TWO teams that I can't stand---Nebraska and Texas.  Thus,  I say "get" to tailgate is a very loose sense.  I've actually tailgated at a NE game before: we all got red t-shirts and put "Iowa' on them, so as to blend in and not get killed by the other NE fans, but show our silent dissent. (I was going to insert a picture of that lovely event, but alas, I cannot find it.  Instead, this is a picture of my cousin Ali and I at our other cousin's wedding.)  Do not worry...I will be staging the same sort of protest again this year...only with a KU NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP T-SHIRT.  (I may take the Orange Bowl T-Shirt along for good measure.. :)).

No bar exam results yet.  Anyone care to place a wager on how many times I will refresh the page tomorrow at work?  I think a 3-digit number would probably be an appropriate guess.